CYO Coaches Clearances Checklist
Information about volunteer clearances can be found at the website for the Office for Child and Youth Protection at http://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
1._________ Pastor Approval Form for current year --All volunteers need a pastor approval form signed by their pastor prior to beginning service and yearly after that. This form can be obtained from the CYO coordinators or click the link above. For non-catholic volunteers, please use this form.
2._________ PA State Police Criminal Record Check
This clearance is obtained online at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp with results available within a few minutes. Renewal is required every 5 years. A link to this form is also available at www.childyouth protection.org. This must be completed within 30 days of starting service.
3.__________ PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse Clearance Check
This form can be obtained online http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/ucmprd/
groups/webcontent/documents/form/s_001762.pdf A link to the form is also available at www.childyouthprotection.org Volunteers must attach a copy of the results of their PA State Police Criminal Check to their Child Abuse Clearance form when they send it in. Renewal is required every 5 years. This must be completed within 30 days of starting service.
4.__________ Safe Environment Training
A._______Classroom Component "Safe Environment Part I: Protecting God's Children" provides basic facts about child sexual abuse and adults’ roles in prevention. This is a ONE time onsite 3 hour class. Attendance is expected within 90 days of hire. Please see the Training Institute website to register, http://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
B._______ Mandated Reporter Online Component "Safe Environment Part II: Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse" provides an overview of Archdiocesan reporting procedures for suspected child abuse and Pennsylvania Child Welfare Laws. Register at the Training Institute, http://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php This is an online course and is completed ONE time.
5.________ Information and Communication Technology Addendum
The Technology Addendum addresses the use of technology when serving children in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. This addendum became policy on July 1, 2011 and is now a part of our Safe Environment training.
You will need to complete this review if:
- You attended the Protecting God’s Children Awareness session for adults, between September 1, 2003 and June 30, 2011 and;
- You have not completed the review via the online training module that was available from April 28 through September 4, 2011 OR attended a review session offered by your parish or a local parish. This is a ONE time training.
Please follow these steps to complete the review:
- Read the Information and Communication Technology Addendum (pdf) at the website: http://childyouthprotection.org/docs/Use%20of%20Technology%20Addendum%20Review.pdf
- Answer the quiz questions
- Submit the completed quiz to the Office for Child and Youth Protection using one of the following methods:
- Fax: 215-587-3711
- Mail: OCYP – Safe Environment Program
222 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Staff of the Office for Child and Youth Protection will review your responses to the quiz questions; and if successfully completed, will send you a certificate of completion.
6. _________ACT 24 Form This form is completed yearly by all returning volunteers and can be found at: http://childyouthprotection.org/docs/Arrest_or_Conviction_form.pdf
7._________CYO Coaches Orientation- one time class held at various locations during the year. Information about coaches orientation courses can be found at www.cyophilly.org (this website is presently still under construction)